In this video we will cover:
- WordPress security basics
- Wordfence plugin free & paid tour & setup
- iThemes Security free & paid plugin tour & setup
- Sucuri overview
Pssst… if you still have an “admin” user account on your website, check out the Bonuses page for a video tutorial on how to resolve that sitch in under 5 minutes!
P.S. Was your website built with the 1-click WordPress install? Fret not! Learn the different ways to change a website’s table prefix from (the very insecure default) wp_ to something secure:
- Backup Buddy plugin: The database restore step during the restore process allows for the renaming of your database table prefixes.
- iThemes Security plugin: It has a specific setting to rename your prefix from the default wp_ to something secure.
- Manual: I only briefly touch on this because it’s a pain in the butt and totally unnecessary given the aforementioned options, but good to know it exists!